B.S. Physics, Ateneo de Manila University, 1994
M.S. Physics, University of the Philippines Diliman, 2001
Ph.D. Physics, University of the Philippines Diliman, 2009
Optics, materials science
1. R. C. Rosaroso, Dakay, and R. Sarmiento. Selected Philippine higher education institutions’ perspectives on internalization of education: initiatives and guidelines. Asia Pacific Journal of Education, Arts and Sciences 2(4), 38-45, October 2015.
2. B. Hayag, E. Quinicot, D. Manalili, and R. Sarmiento. Simultaneous acquisition of confocal reflectance image and optical beam-induced current map of an EPROM 2764 operating in read mode. Proc. 33rd SPP Philippine Physics Congress, University of Nothern Philippines, Vigan, Ilocos Sur, June 3-6, 2015.
3. R. Badiola, O. Semblante, C. Ceniza, R. Loberternos, R. Balat, and Sarmiento R. Determination of thickness and optical constants of thin films from its transmission spectrum. Proc. 33rd SPP Philippine Physics Congress, University of Northern Philippines, Vigan, Ilocos Sur, June 3-6, 2015.
4. V. Cemine, R. Sarmiento, and C. M. Blanca. High-resolution mapping of the energy conversion efficiency of silicon photodiodes in photovoltaic mode. Optics Communications 281, 5580-5587, 2008.
5. R. Sarmiento, V. Cemine, I. R. Tagaca, A. Salvador, C. M. Blanca, and C. Saloma, Fault localization and analysis in semiconductor devices with optical feedback infrared confocal microscopy. Applied Optics 46(31), 7625-7630, 2007.