The Master of Accountancy major in Internal Audit (MA-IA) Program is intended to prepare the student to meet the challenges of the ever changing demands of the Accountancy profession, particularly in internal auditing. It is a 45-unit program to be completed in two years on a trimester basis.
The program is directed at practicing Internal Audit Professionals who wish to upgrade and/or focus their auditing skill. It is an application based on Internal Audit Standards which includes case studies on current internal auditing practices and understanding of internal audit issues, risks and remedies. It offers a strong focus on corporate governance and risk issues and exhibiting alignment with the Institute of Internal Auditors’ (IIA’s) IIA’s Professional Practices Framework and Certified Internal Auditor’s (CIA) Examination.
The MA-IA program is meant for graduates of BSA (both CPAs and non-CPAs), BSC major in Accountancy, BS in Management Accounting and BSBA major in Accountancy or Finance.
Objectives of the Program:
- To provide relevant, timely and transformative accounting education specifically in the field of internal audit that is responsive to the needs of the local, national and global communities in a rapidly changing world.
- To develop competent and socially responsible internal audit professionals and life long learners.
- To meet the needs of the internal auditing profession for individuals with a broader and extensive training in the application of theories and standards.
- To provide a venue for Internal Auditors seeking advancement of specialization in their professional fields.
- Bachelor’sdegree in Accountancy, Management Accounting, Commerce major inAccountancy, or BSBA major in Accountancy or Finance
- Certificate ofTransfer Credentials / Certificate of Honorable Dismissal (original copy)
- Transcript ofRecords specifying Graduation / Special Order (informative copy)
- Certificate ofEmployment (at least 2 years of work experience for CPAs and 3 years for non CPAs)
- Recommendationfrom Professor / Employer
- Satisfactoryadmission test scores
- CompletedApplication Form
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR)
- Certificate ofEquivalency
Quantitative Business Analysis
Methods of Research
Human Behavior in Organization
Advanced Financial Accounting Theory and Practice
Advanced Auditing Theory and Practice
Advanced Managerial Accounting
Business Law and Taxation
Management Information System
Advanced Accounting Information System
International Accounting Practice
The Internal Audit Activity’s Role in Governance Risk and Control
Conducting the Internal Audit Engagement
Business Analysis and Information Technology